Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Poison After Show Passes (2000, 2001)

I was running across a baseball field trying to get to the stage on time. My sister Carolyn was in the stands, and I was trying to text her as I ran to make sure she was going to be taking pictures. Bret Michaels was late, and I had to be Poison’s replacement singer until he arrived. I had no idea what songs were on the set list, but I was pretty confident that I knew the words. I was just about to run up onto the stage when I woke up. This was the dream I had last night, so I thought these passes would be a good thing to blog about…

I went to see Poison in the summers of 1999, 2000, and 2001 (I also got an after show pass for 1999, but I may have to add that scan in later if I run across it). I was trying to remember what bands opened for Bret and the boys which years, but thanks to this page, I didn’t have to guess. In 1999, I saw Ratt, Great White, and L.A. Guns. In 2000, it was Slaughter, Dokken, and Cinderella. Then in 2001, Enuff ZNuff, Quiet Riot, and Warrant opened for Poison. I know, you’re all jealous.

But, I have to thank my older siblings for getting me into these hair bands. When my older brother Jon got me started on Motley Crue and Ratt, I was a glam metal fan for life. And it was my older sister, a huge Poison fan, who made sure I got all of these after show passes. I apologize for making you even more jealous, but I got to meet Bret. And Rikki. And Bobby. And C.C. (My sister says I did one of the best C.C. impersonations ever). It had been years since I started listening to Poison when I was in junior high, but it was still really awesome meeting them in person. Thanks, Ca!

One of the many ideas I have (if money and band availability wasn’t an object) is to have something called Hairapalooza. It would be an all-day event and would have all of my favorite hair bands. My lineup would include Poison, Motley Crue, Cinderella, Skid Row, Ratt, Dokken, Enuff ZNuff, Warrant, Winger, Tora Tora, Bullet Boys, and Bon Jovi. I’m sure there are others, but those are what I just came up with. Come on. Someone can make this happen. It would be huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment