Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ice Girl Autographs, Charlie Ticket, Top of The Pru (Day in Boston)

My day started earlier than a usual Saturday for me – I had a morning Red Cross blood donation appointment at the Fleet Center (a.k.a. TD Garden) in Boston.

I met my blood donor crew at 9:00 in North Station, and we walked over to Theo’s Cozy Corner for breakfast. Theo did not disappoint – I got the “Super” which included 2 eggs, choice of meat, pancakes, toast, and coffee. I highly recommend Theo’s if you need to grab breakfast in the North Station area.

Then, it was back to The Fleet to give blood.

We had 10:30 appointments, but could tell we had some free time before our numbers were going to be called The Red Cross and Bruins had set up plenty to keep us busy. We got Ice Girl pictures and autographs, entered some drawings (no luck winning the autographed McQuaid puck), saw Blades (Bruins mascot), and then made our way back to the waiting area.




Everything went AOK with my blood donation – My iron was level 15, there was no problem finding a vein, and my pint filled up quickly.

After a quick stop at the recovery canteen (which had free ice cream), it was off for another Ice Girl picture and tour of the Bruins and Celtics locker room. Although we didn’t get much time in the tour, I was able to take a few quick shots. Apparently, the big B in the middle of the locker room is untouchable to any Bruins player so they keep it sectioned off at all times (athletes tend to have crazy superstitions).













Our post-Red Cross activity was somewhere I hadn’t been in over 10 years. We took the T to the Prudential Center for some 50th floor views of the city. I got some sweet pictures (including a snowy Fenway Park) which I will add later...

Good times in Beantown today!



No comments:

Post a Comment