Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A.C. Moore Receipt (Shaved Head with Bruins B Painted On It)

One of the most important life lessons my parents handed down to me was that it’s important to keep your word…

On March 26th, I went to my friend Erin’s wedding down in Orlando, Florida. My girlfriend and I were talking about BC Hockey, the Bruins, and the B’s game we were going to the next week on my birthday (see that blog here to read why it’s ridiculous for Bruins fans to chant USA, USA, USA when we play Canadian teams). She brought up a fan we saw at a previous game who had a shaved head with a big B painted on it, and said I should do it for my birthday game. I told her I would do it if the Bruins made it to the Cup Finals.

Now here we are, over two months later and the Bruins-Canucks Game 1 of the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals coming up. I went to A.C. Moore today to buy the paint and brushes, thinking how long it was going to seem before 8:00 PM came around. After a close buzz and shave, my head was ready for the painted B. My girlfriend and I planned out the direction, size, and placement of the B and she took care of the rest. She did an awesome job, and was pleased to finally see her 2-month-old suggestion come to life.

I’m not sure if this will help my Beloved Bruins win tonight, but I’m hoping it helps broadcast the positive thoughts I’m sending out to Vancouver. Here we go Bruins, here we go!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment