Saturday, March 26, 2011

Erin's Wedding Invitation

If you know me, you know I don’t really like it when my teams lose. And, I especially don’t like it when they lose badly. Knowing I was going to be in Orlando this weekend, I was worried that I might not be able to find a bar to watch the BC-Colorado College hockey game. Two people at our hotel recommended the Orlando Ale House (a.k.a. Miller’s Ale House), and I was happy when they put ESPNU on a TV that was in a good view from our table. My happiness turned to dread over the next couple of hours as I watched my Eagles lose 8-4, get eliminated from the NCAA hockey tournament, and fail to repeat as Frozen Four champs. Ouch.

Still, I always try to find the good out of everything. I managed to scrape together two good things from last night’s loss. One, BC would have faced Michigan in their next game and that most likely would have made for some “interesting” rooting between my Michigan-born girlfriend and me. So, I don’t have to worry about that. Second, I am going to my friend Erin’s wedding tonight. If BC had won last night, I would have been texting with my friend Patrick to get score updates during the wedding reception while secretly wondering if there was a place close by that had ESPNU. Now, I can just enjoy the wedding without worrying about any hockey game.

This might seem ridiculous to a lot of people, but if there’s an important hockey game going on (Bruins or BC), it doesn’t matter where I am: I will try to make sure I can find out what the score is at any given time. I took a Walkman to my junior prom because the Bruins were playing the Penguins in game 6 of the Conference Finals (The B’s lost by the way).

I am looking forward to Erin and John’s wedding tonight. It’s going to be a great time, and I have no hockey game to worry about!

2 comments:

  1. I remember once having to sneak in a walkman to CHURCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read this awesome invite. Birthday celebration of my friend and her twin brother was really nice. Their choice of arranging lunch for friends and family at one of the affordable Los Angeles event venues was praiseworthy. Prepared a lovely flower cake for them. Also gifted bouquet with flowers of American quality from our own garden.

    ReplyDelete