Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Rejection Letter from McIntosh and Otis (2000), Tickets to Danu (2002) and Irish Festival (2004)

I knew I wanted to scan something related to St. Patrick’s Day for this blog, but when I saw the date on this rejection letter I thought I would include it too.

As you may have seen in previous posts, I haven’t been a stranger to rejection over the years. In addition to this letter from McIntosh and Otis, I received rejection letters from Henry Morrison, the Boston College Stylus, and the Massachusetts Film Office – to name a few more. They’re all just motivation to make me write and work until I get agencies sending me letters with offers – which I know will happen eventually.

Anyway, on to the Irish scans. If you like traditional Irish music and haven’t heard of Danu, I urge you to check them out. They are my favorite traditional Irish band, and amazing to see live. You can look and listen to a few clips at my Danu t-shirt blog from last year, and read more about the band here. Looking at their tour dates makes me wish I could teleport to Roanoke, VA for a couple hours tomorrow night.

One of my favorite non-St. Patrick’s Day traditions every year is to go to the Irish Festival put on by the Irish Cultural Center of New England in Canton, MA. I think the price may have gone up since 2004, but you always get plenty of music, entertainment, and friendly people to meet! But the ICC, is not just about this Festival. If you go to the website, you’ll see they offer classes, sports, a Children’s Celtic Camp, a golf tournament, and other ways to connect to Irish Culture – and who doesn’t want to connect to Ireland?

No comments:

Post a Comment