Monday, June 27, 2011

Music Brainstorm - Skating for Hope

Music. I don’t know about you, but it’s gotten me through some tough times. Music got me through cancer, it helped me during my drinking days, and going to concerts gave me a temporary escape when I needed it the most.

Two of the bands I listened to the most when I had cancer were Extreme and Pearl Jam. It’s not surprising that they became my two all-time favorite bands. Other than The Beatles, I’ve listened to these two bands more than any others. And, I’ve seen them play live more than any others. The Beatles, Pearl Jam, and Extreme will definitely get more playtime than the others when I’m skating around.

So, I brainstormed some other bands that I know will help me get through the 24 hours, and this is what I came up with. Can you think of anyone that I may have forgotten?

I can tell you this – there will be no country, rap, or hip-hop played at Skating for Hope. It’s going to be dominated by rock, with some Celtic and an hour of John Williams’ Star Wars songs. I hope that doesn’t upset too many people, but my ears need to hear music that will get me up no matter what my legs and feet are telling me…

No comments:

Post a Comment