Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hope Lodge Newsletter, Brochure, Fact Sheet, Skating for Hope Letter




When some people hear about my challenges with Crohn’s, brain cancer, Ford Broncos, and kidney stones, they respond by suggesting that maybe I haven’t had the best luck in life. I couldn’t disagree more.

All of those experiences have made me who I am and have helped show me what’s really important in life.

Although many people claim they have “the best” family, many don’t know what it’s like to have a family rally around you when your faced with things like Crohn’s and brain cancer.

Brain cancer led to my job at Hope Lodge. Not only do I love my job here, working at Hope Lodge has given reason to my cancer – a claim not every survivor can make. And seeing Hope Lodge guests every night inspired me to do whatever I can to keep this place open, which led to the birth of Skating for Hope.

And just like when I had cancer, my family and friends have rallied around me to help make Skating for Hope happen. I couldn’t have beaten cancer without their support, and it’s the same thing with this skate-a-thon. Thank you to everyone who has supported me and continues to support me and Hope Lodge!

If you’re reading this and want to help spread the word about Hope Lodge and Skating for Hope, feel free to use all of this info and tell people to go to www.skatingforhope.myevent.com!

And remember, if you’re lucky enough to be surrounded by people who love you, you’re lucky enough…





No comments:

Post a Comment