Sunday, June 5, 2011

Autographed Zdeno Chara Poster (10/21/10)

Yes, the Bruins are down 0 games to 2 and both losses were heartbreaking to watch. Yes, the B’s are in a hole and they have to dig themselves out. But, I still believe in them and I know now is not the time for anyone to give up.

I’m sick of all the numbers and stats. Teams down 0-2 in the Cup Finals and the Bruins powerplay and blah blah blah blah. None of it matters.

What matters is what the Bruins have shown this playoff season. They have shown they can bounce back. They have shown they can turn it up to 11 when they need to. And in games 1 and 2, the B’s showed that they can play with Vancouver.

I got this poster after the first Bruins home game back in October. They beat the Capitals 4-1, and I asked Z sign this after the game. While he was signing, I told him “This is the year”. He smiled as if to say, “Wow, you’re thinking that already?”, but I told him to keep saying it, believe it, and it would happen. I also had a similar interaction with Tim Thomas, who at the time had no secured his role as starting goaltender. I doubt they remember me saying it to them, but I wonder if getting this far reminded them at all.

And now that the Bruins have gotten this far, it’s time for them to show us, the loyal fans, exactly how badly they want it. I was there when the team busses pulled away for Vancouver, and I would be there for games 3 and 4 if I could afford it.

Either way, I’m not going to be surprised when the B’s head back to Vancouver with the series tied 2-2. They believe this, I do, and I hope every Bruins fan does too…

GO B’S!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment