Saturday, October 8, 2011

Movie Tickets II

These tickets didn’t make it into my Movie Tickets Part I blog, but each has its own little story:

War of the Worlds – I saw this with my friend Cailin not long after Tom Cruise had his “couch incident” on the Oprah Winfrey show. Although I let that pass at the time, not long after I saw this movie I determined that Mr. Cruise had completely lost his sense of reality and I could no longer separate the art from the artist. I enjoyed War of the Worlds, but it would also be the last time I ever paid to watch a Tom Cruise movie. I will still watch classics he was in like The Outsiders and A Few Good Men, but I will no longer contribute to his career. See also: Mel Gibson.

Bruno: I watched this movie with my friends Glen and Krissy, and even though it wasn’t the best movie I had ever seen I laughed a lot. Glen and Krissy were living in Westboro at the time, so we hung out a lot that summer. Even though they broke my heart by moving out to Oregon at the end of 2009, I look forward to the day when I can afford to travel at will (I’m predicting somehow it will be here sooner rather than later).

The Town – I’ve always been a sucker for Boston/Massachusetts movies, and The Town did not disappoint. The shootout scene at Fenway alone was worth seeing on the big screen. I went with Jess, who soldiered her way through nausea for the entire flick. However, on the ride home, I had to hand her my travel mug to use as a receptacle. My car was spared of puke, and Jess slept for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment