Thursday, October 20, 2011

Daily Show Tickets (2/14/08, 12/11/08, 4/15/10, 9/30/10)




I have a Jewish hero. He didn’t die on a cross or walk on water. He just keeps me informed of current events while making me laugh out loud every Monday-Thursday nights from 11:00-11:30. Although some have criticized Jon Stewart and The Daily Show for being sexist, the female DS employees responded to this with an open letter. Whatever he and the workers do over there, I think it’s working. And I feel lucky that I’ve been able to attend these show tapings.

I went to the show on Valentine’s Day 2008 with my friend Kerry. The guest wasn’t very noteworthy to me, but this bit about Roger Clemens was hilarious.


I went to the December 11th show with my sister Megan (it’s her birthday) and my friend Adam. We really lucked out with the guest (Philip Seymour Hoffman), and Jon even took a copy of my poetry book during the Q&A before the show. We also went to see Mike Birbiglia a couple of days later.

Although I was too late to make it into the April 15th show (and guest Tracy Morgan, dammit), my friend Suzie got to go for the first time. And because I didn’t get in, the DS gave me VIP tickets to a future show – which turned out to be the September 30th show with Justin Timberlake. If you look closely, you can see me when Justin comes out – I’m wearing the “Stew Beef” t-shirt (watch the Tracy Morgan clip if you don’t understand). Jess couldn't believe how close she was to Justin (10 feet, maybe?)


Thanks for all the laughs, Jon. Hope to talk to you again, sometime…




No comments:

Post a Comment