Saturday, October 22, 2011

PEI Favorites: Bruins Pass from Adam McQuaid, Cynthia MacLeod Business Card, and Fiddlers’ Sons CD

For me, one of the things that comes along with the official end of summer is missing PEI. The biggest thing I miss is simply being away from everything with my family, and that includes a lot of great Celtic music. We go to see Cynthia MacLeod, Fiddlers’ Sons, and Richard Wood whenever we can. Luckily, sometimes these PEI performers come to Massachusetts and we get a bit of The Island here.

Another part of Prince Edward Island comes in the form of a 6’4” defenseman, and it’s easy to see why my family is such a huge fan of Adam McQuaid. Not only is he an Islander who plays tough, smart hockey; he plays for the B’s! He was also nice enough (thanks to my connection, a.k.a. Mom) to get me this pass – signed by John Bucyk himself. I’m really glad I got to be up there for Adam McQuaid Day this summer.

Here’s to Quaider getting back to playing ASAP! Can’t wait for my next visit to The Island!

No comments:

Post a Comment