Saturday, July 16, 2011

Ticket to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II (7/15/11)

I’ll admit it – I haven’t read all of the Harry Potter books. But, I have seen all of the movies and they didn’t disappoint.

And even though there are a lot of similarities between the HP movies and the “Holy Trilogy”, I still think Star Wars is better than Harry Potter (no offense to J.K.).

Here are my top ten reasons (or the ten reasons I thought of first):

  1. Lightsabers are better than wands – they are an original weapon that you have to make yourself
  2. The Force is stronger than any spell
  3. Harry had typical fantasy creatures (unicorns, elves, goblins), but Star Wars had original creatures (Jawas, Ewoks, the whole cantina crowd, Rancor)
  4. Yoda
  5. Vader is more badass than Voldemort
  6. The toys
  7. Harrison Ford as Han Solo
  8. Four words: Princess Leia’s metal bikini
  9. Star Wars has the Robot Chicken and Family Guy parodies
  10. Lucas’ special effects paved the way for movies like the HP series

And I did wear my Empire t-shirt and bring my lightsaber to the theatre. I’m sure I confused some people when I asked them if they were pumped for “Episode VII”, but I thought it was funny…


1 comment:

  1. Top 10 Reasons Why Harry is better- all just at the top of my head and not even including Tonks and Lupin:

    1. Wands choose the wizard.
    2. Neville Longbottom
    3. Alan Rickman as Snape
    4. Sorting hat
    5. Butterbeer
    6. Hagrid
    7. amazing words for spells
    8. Quidditch
    9. Portraits that talk
    10. Invisibility cloaks
    10.5 Christmas Feasts (Submitted by C.A.M)

    ReplyDelete