Sunday, July 24, 2011

AHL All-Star Skills Competition Program and Game Ticket (1/25/09, 1/26/09)

When I started working at Hope Lodge 4 years ago, the Worcester Sharks were the first organization in the community that I contacted to try and make a connection with. I was put in touch with Mike Myers, and he immediately told me Hope Lodge could get free tickets to any game we wanted. Awesome.

The Sharks also helped out when Mike designed a pink goalie mask for Thomas Greiss to wear for the month of October. It was auctioned off at $5000, with all money going to Hope Lodge.

A couple of months later, we had a 17-year-old guest staying at Hope Lodge. He wanted to go to a Sharks game, but they didn’t have any home games scheduled for when he was here. So, Mike Myers and Sharks player Riley Armstrong came to visit him at Hope Lodge. It was great, and you can read that whole story here.

I wondered if Hope Lodge would still get free tickets when the AHL All-Star game came to Worcester two years ago, and we did. I think the highlight for me was watching former BC Eagle Cory Schneider setting a record by making 18 saves on 19 shots in the All-Star Skills competition.

Not surprisingly, the Sharks are helping Hope Lodge with Skating for Hope. Finz is making two appearances, and the Sharks provided games and prizes to keep the event going. Oh yeah, they are making me a Sharks jersey…sweet!

Thank you for all the support, Sharks!



No comments:

Post a Comment