Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Red Sox / Yankees Tickets and Picture of Yankee Stadium Scoreboard (4/11/05, 5/28/05)



With the MLB All-Star game being played tonight, I thought tonight would be a good time to share two of the best Red Sox/Yankees games I’ve ever attended.

I went to the April 11th game with my older brother Jon. The Sox got their World Series rings before the game, and Mariano Rivera got a huge applause. To his credit, he was a great sport about it. The Sox won 8-1, and just about everyone at Fenway went home happy.

The next month, I went with my friend Joanne to see the Sox play in enemy territory. Outside of the stadium, they were selling t-shirts that said, “There was no curse, the Red Sox just sucked for 86 years.” I thought that was pretty funny, but there were a few Yankees fans that weren’t amused by the Dropkick Murphys T-shirt I was wearing.

What I witnessed inside the stadium was amazing. It was a 17-1 Red Sox rout of the Yanks, the biggest margin of victory ever in the rivalry. Renteria even had a grand slam for f’s sake. One of my favorite parts was in the middle of the 8th when all the Red Sox fans started singing “Sweet Caroline” in front of the remaining, stunned Yankees fans. I think by the end, my friend Joanne was the only NY fan left in the place.

Here’s to the AL coming back to win tonight, so the Sox can have home field advantage in the 2011 World Series after they beat the Yankees in the ALCS. GO SOX!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment