Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Poem from 5/3/06, 12:39 AM

It’s weird when I look back on things I wrote years ago. Sometimes it takes me back to a feeling, situation, and place that I’m very glad I have moved past. And, it reminds me to be thankful for what I have rather than complain about what I don’t have. Poetry has always been an outlet for me to use for any emotional low I’m going through. I’m happy to report that I haven’t written any poems like this one lately…

I see the teachers’ whispers transfer

Down an undefended operator’s line,

It’s the only vision that

Completes these lessons

Of cross-curricular tragedy.

Not a call from any cell

Tells me this disease

May linger

Like my ears ringing of

Faculty room groupthink.

My classroom walls

Are now narrowed to 4 bedposts,

And into this corner

All these words

Have painted me.

No comments:

Post a Comment