Friday, May 6, 2011

Ray Bourque Rookie Card

Back in December of 1988, I was diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease and spent Christmas in the hospital. It wasn’t the most fun I’ve ever had, but without knowing it, I was preparing myself for a cancerour brain tumor diagnosis three years later. The biggest reason I was able to get through both of these medical ordeals was the tremendous support from my family.

On Christmas morning 1988, my 11-year-old brother Tom handed me a present. What I found inside was this Ray Bourque rookie card. Not only was it unexpected, it made me forget that I was in the hospital and that I was still recovering from my life-saving surgery. Even though Tom was only 11, he was a pro at card dealing and had amassed a huge collection himself. To this day, my Bourque rookie card remains at the top of my collectable list. Worth well over $100, but it’s not for sale.

Now the B’s are heading into the third period tied 1-1. Let’s finish this series now, Bruins…this is the year!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment