Sunday, May 15, 2011

Crohn's Disease (IBD) Questionnaire from Remicade


If you don’t have Crohn’s Disease, you probably don’t have to ask yourself questions like this on a regular basis.

I think questions 2 and 6 are my favorite ones, and I feel lucky that for the most part my Crohn’s doesn’t get in my way of my social interactions. If anything, it has provided my family and friends with comedy material to add to all the things they make fun of me for.

Even though this questionnaire was sent to me as part of a big ad for Remicade, keeping track of symptoms and experience is really important to most people with Crohn’s. Factors like diet, stress, exercise, and weather all can play a role in a “Good Crohn’s Day” vs. a “Bad Crohn’s Day”, and keeping track of it all helps with knowing specifically what sets the disease off.

Crohn’s and Me used to have a tracker you could print and mark off, but I just found out they updated and there’s a smart phone app – just search for Crohn’s and Me Wellness Widget, and you can have a tracker with you wherever you go.

If you have Crohn’s, I hope you are having a good day and whatever plan (diet, medication, exercise) you’re using is helping to keep your symptoms to a minimum. I know Crohn’s affects everyone differently, but knowing exactly how much, how often, and what circumstances your CD is flaring up is a good tool in fighting back.

If you don’t have Crohn’s, be happy you don’t have to ask yourself all of these bowel-related questions!




No comments:

Post a Comment