Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Poems from April 4-5, 2006

Well, I thought I had written my “Twinkle” poem exactly 5 years ago today, but I was a day off. Here is the original draft of that poem (I didn’t really change much other than give it a title) which can be found in my books Poems from a Tragic Comic and Episode IV Play – it’s one of my favorites. Also, here are a couple more poems that I did write on April 5, 2006. Enjoy!

Twinkle

If really these are

What count,

Look up at a

Clear night sky,

Across borders and

Plains and

Atmospheric reigns

Runs the shooting silvery

Trail of my limitless

For you.

Unconditionally out

Of control,

Lay back and the sky

Will show,

The unbelievable

Every twinkle

Can add up to...



I wrote "Crepe Place" on this one because I was waiting for my friend Glen at this place by his Beacon Hill apartment when I wrote it. . I believe we watched Josh Beckett's first game playing for the Sox that night, too. Sadly, it's not there anymore and neither is Glen.


No comments:

Post a Comment