Monday, April 11, 2011

A Few Cards I Got When I Had Brain Cancer (1992)

It’s hard to believe it was 19 years ago that I was in the hospital being treated for my brain tumor. My doctors didn’t know if the tumor was cancerous or not, but I had confidence they were going to figure it out and get me better. Even though the doctors were unsure, I knew one thing was very sure: I wasn’t fighting the tumor alone.

Not surprisingly, my family and friends were there to support me. They came to visit me in the hospital, they helped me through the hard days when I was home, and they kept laughing through it all with me.

Not long after I had been hospitalized, the get well cards starting pouring in, too. The amount of support I received was really overwhelming, and I know it’s a big reason why I beat my cancer. Every single one of the cards I got helped me, and I kept them all. Here are a few of them. Thank you to everyone who supported me through my cancer with visits, hugs, prayers, laughs, calls, and cards.






No comments:

Post a Comment