Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Card from Katie (2005)

There are a lot of Katies in my life, and a few I’m lucky to see regularly.

My cousin Katie has been there for as long as I can remember. She has supported me through the worst, and laughed with me along the way. You can read more about her from my t-shirt blog here.

In college, I got to know another Katie who was my girlfriend’s roommate. She was funny, great to hang out with, and her singing voice was so amazing she was part of the group The Bostonians.


I met another Katie years ago when she came knocking on my door with my new neighbor across the hall. It was more than just an introduction though – I was wanted for my assumed-male-hookup-our-technology skills. I hooked up the Nintendo, we played some video games, and we’ve been friends ever since.

One Katie I get to see every week is part of a volunteer group from Holy Cross that comes to Hope Lodge. We’ve had many laughs over the three years she’s been coming here (3 Stooges, Great game Dave, and the infamous “Dave’s Ass” Apples to Apples card to name a few), and it’s hard to believe she’s graduating soon. Katie also made the news!

I won’t say which Katie this card is from, but all the Katies I know are awesome and they have all made me smile, laugh, and hold onto happy memories. Thanks for being you, Katies!

No comments:

Post a Comment