Saturday, February 19, 2011

Letter from Cousin Kate (July 2, 1994)

I love my family. They are always there for me, and they always make me laugh.

When I was away in Maine teaching summer camp in 1994, I got this letter from my cousin:


I’m glad to report that Westborough is still a nice, quite town. And, I still enjoy walking at the Nature Trail.

I am also living proof of the medical divineness of Dr. Bob – he was the reason for the surgery that discovered my Crohn’s and why I used visualization to beat brain cancer.

I’m very happy to report that 17 years later, I am still friends with Matt and Glen.

I thought today would be a good day to scan this letter because my sister hosted a “4th of July in February” party. Like all McGrath gatherings, it was full of laughter, reminiscing, plenty of delicious food, and hockey on the TV. The sight of my father grilling hamburgers in the snow was priceless…


No comments:

Post a Comment