Saturday, February 5, 2011

Jim Gaffigan Autograph for Special Ed Students

It was over five years ago when I first saw Jim Gaffigan doing stand-up on Comedy Central. I became an instant fan, and went out to buy his Doing My Time CD not long after. My friends and I went to see him in 2005, and he didn’t disappoint. When the Beyond The Pale DVD came out in 2006, I got it right away and watched it until I had all the bits memorized…most of my friends were happy to recite the jokes along with me. I also played the Beyond The Pale CD in my special ed classroom which was on the grounds of Westboro State Hospital, and the students loved it. I went to see Jim do stand-up again that same year, and this time I was lucky enough to meet him after (I’m wearing this t-shirt, by the way).

I had him sign my CDs and DVD, and printed out something for him to sign for my students. I told him he could write something funny, but added that they all had severe behavioral and emotional issues. This is what he came up with:

All of the students thought it was a riot, and were happy when I hung this up on my classroom wall. Jim Gaffigan certainly has given me and many people I know many laughs over the years. Thanks, Jim!

Here are some Jim Gaffigan clips for your enjoyment:

Jokes.com
Jim Gaffigan - Pregnant
comedians.comedycentral.com
Jim Gaffigan Hot Pocket VideoJim Gaffigan Bacon VideoAll Jim Gaffigan Videos
Jokes.com
Jim Gaffigan - People Who Don't Drink
comedians.comedycentral.com
Jim Gaffigan Hot Pocket VideoJim Gaffigan Bacon VideoAll Jim Gaffigan Videos

1 comment: