Monday, August 8, 2011

Notes with Skating for Hope Donations

I’m not sure if I’ll be able to thank every person who contributed to Skating for Hope’s success, but tonight I’d like to thank everyone who has sent checks to Hope Lodge...thank you!

These are a few of the notes that came with the checks, and they make smile a lot (especially the “hope you beat Matt” reference to the SJ-WHS game).

The typed note (which I got today) reminded me of one reason why I wanted to make Skating for Hope a reality and what helped me get through the 24 hours. In addition to doing whatever I could to help Hope Lodge, I wanted to tell my diseases to “f- off” and that they couldn’t stop me from reaching my goal. I will always have brain cancer and Crohn’s Disease as parts of my medical background, but I will always use them as motivators rather than roadblocks…



No comments:

Post a Comment