Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Miss Saigon Ticket (8/2/97)

In the summer of 1997, I was working at JKST Summer Camps (I guess they’ve changed their name since) on the grounds of Haverford College. It was an enrichment camp, so there were actual “classes” for the campers to take. I was teaching psychology as well as dream analysis (no idea about that, they just gave me a book to go by). One of the funniest memories of that summer actually happened in dream analysis. I had the students write down what their ideal dream would be and one of them wrote, “All I’m going to say is that it would involve a goat and one of the Golden Girls”.

Another part of the enrichment was taking trips to New York, Washington DC, and nearby Philadelphia. I went on a day trip to New York, and Miss Saigon was part of that. To date, the only Broadway show I’ve seen. I still prefer going to my sister’s shows. More on the summer of ’97 later…


No comments:

Post a Comment