Saturday, September 3, 2011

Boston College Football Tickets, Part 1

On Saturday, September 5th, 1992, the Boston College Football Team was playing Rutgers at Alumni Stadium. It was their first game of the season, and the first game of my freshman year at BC. I had tickets to the game (which The Eagles went on to win 37-20), but I could only watch it on TV because I was at UMass in Worcester getting my last round of chemotherapy. I was kind of bummed that I couldn’t go, but I could tell I was close to declaring victory over my cancerous brain tumor. And I was right.

BC may have lost their home opener today, and I didn’t have to watch it from a hospital bed. Still, I’m betting somewhere today there is a college student who missed going to a football game because of cancer. To all those college students who missed out today because they were getting chemo or some other cancer treatment, hang in there. I finished my battle 19 years ago this weekend, and have been cancer free ever since.

Just keep doing what you love, laughing, and thinking positively. Before you know it, you will be going to those games and cheering your school on.

Go Eagles!

No comments:

Post a Comment