Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful Turkey From My Nephew (2006)

It was five years ago, and I was struggling professionally and emotionally. It had been a difficult year for me and with the holidays approaching, I wondered how I would handle it if the season didn’t lift my spirits. Then, my nephew gave me this turkey and I knew I was going to be all right.

Here is what “B” wanted me to know he was thankful for – Cards, Emails?, your car, funny things, movies, you, your college (his parents went to BU and Providence College, but he roots for BC), seats?, your name (we have the same middle name).

This homemade gift was just what I needed to remind me how much I had to be happy for and how much my family meant to me. I knew no matter how the rest of my life was going, as long as I had my family to support me, things would work out.

I started being thankful for what I had instead of feeling bad for what I didn’t have. It took time, but I started to laugh more and began using The Secret. And a few months later, I found my job at Hope Lodge. It’s so simple and easy to see life through a glass half full lens. I see people with cancer do it everyday I’m at work. Be thankful for what you have, and keep laughing. Think about the things you want instead of stressing over what you don’t want. Thanks for helping me out, “B”, and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

  1. aww that's awesome!!! Happy Thanksgiving hope you have an amazing day with your loved ones...<3 Nicole Sarro (MANVILE):)

    ReplyDelete