Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Birthday Card from My Nephew and #35 Poem (2009)



My younger nephew made this card for me on my birthday couple of years ago. I always love home made things, especially when I can tell a lot of care went into them. When I could see my nephew had made exactly 35 crayon candles on top of the cake, I knew this one was a keeper. It also inspired me to write the poem #35, which was included in my book III Sides to Every Poem.

I thought today would be a good day to scan this because it’s my nephew’s birthday. He didn’t have any specific requests or hints for a present, but only said, “What you usually get me.” In the past, that has meant things like disappearing ink, a squirting camera, and whoopee cushions. I don’t think he’ll be disappointed.

“C” actually reminds me of a younger Dave. Like me, he doesn’t mind stirring things up. In many ways, he’s a typical middle child who doesn’t mind being different from the rest. But, he also looks up to his older brother and at times tries to follow in his footsteps. He’s creative, speaks his mind, and is hypersensitive when it comes to things being “fair”.

Thanks for this great card buddy, I hope you had a great birthday and continued celebration tomorrow and this weekend…see you soon and I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment