Monday, November 21, 2011

Darth Vader Thanksgiving Card

I’ve said this many times before, but I think Thanksgiving gets the shaft as far as holidays go. Christmas stuff comes out in the store sometimes even before Halloween, and poor Turkey Day is forgotten. Without having to worry about what to buy for whom and trying to minimize the amount of time I spend shopping, Thanksgiving reminds me what is most important in my life: my family. And every Thanksgiving I’ve spent with my family was been full of laughter. My awesome cousin Katie has started her own tradition of having a game night the Saturday after Turkey Day. We usually play Apples to Apples, Cranium, and this write the first line to a book game called Liebrary (trust me, we make it hilarious). Each year has a theme, and thanks to something I bought Katie for her Birthday, this year’s theme is 1990 (details to follow). In addition to starting this great holiday tradition, Katie also sent me this card (that played Darth Vader breathing, lightsaber noises, and the Imperial March when I opened it). Thanks to Katie and the rest of my family for always making me laugh, and playing into instead of ignoring my love of the Holy Trilogy. Looking forward to Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment