Saturday, November 5, 2011

Picture of My Family, 1980

It was 1980, and the last of my generation of McGraths had recently been born. From left to right in the back there’s my father (nice tie), my grandfather, my aunt, my mom, my other grandfather (who I was named after), and my grandmother.

In the front we have my other grandmother holding my younger sister, my younger brother (love the shorts), me (with my older brother right behind me), and my older sister.

I wouldn’t be who I am without the people in this picture. They were there for my birthdays, sports games, and holidays, and I couldn’t have made it through Crohn’s and cancer without their support. None of them turned away from me while I struggled with drinking, and they taught me a lot about unconditional love.

Most of all, my family taught me how to keep my sense of humor no matter what life throws at you. I try to be there for them as much as they’ve been there for me, and try to make them proud that I’m in their family.

Love you guys, and miss “Gram”, Grandpa Dave, and Grandpa Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment