Thursday, April 28, 2011

Worcester Magazine Best of Worcester Issue, Cover and Page 37 (4/28/11)

Wow. When I started my T-shirt Blog, I didn’t even know Worcester Magazine had a local blog category for their annual Best of Worcester issue. I just wanted to make it through the year wearing and writing about a different t-shirt each day, and somehow use the t-shirts to help Hope Lodge. In the middle of the summer when I counted and could see I was going to run out of shirts before December 31st, family, friends, Facebook friends, and about 20 websites and local businesses donated t-shirts and helped me make it through the year.

In the beginning of this year, people from all over started making donations for the t-shirts to fund my Skating for Hope event, and before March was over I had raised enough money to rent a hockey rink for 24 hours.

As people were buying t-shirts, I heard about the Best of Worcester local blog category and asked people to vote for my t-shirt site. They did, and I won. I know it may be an overused word, but it really feels awesome.

I couldn’t have done any of this without everyone doing their part to help me. Thank you to my family and friends for always being there for me no matter what, to everyone who made Dave’s Daily T-shirts possible, and to everyone who voted for the blog in Worcester Mag’s Best of Worcester.

Oh yeah, GO BRUINS!

No comments:

Post a Comment