Friday, April 8, 2011

Red Sox Panic Button (circa late 1990s)

Chances are, if you knew me during my days on Taylor Street in Waltham, you saw this Red Sox Panic Button on the TV there.

I made this button sometime in the late 90s to help me deal with those late season games when it looked like the Sox were going to lose their playoff spot. It didn’t always work, but the Sox did make the playoffs in 1998 and 1999.

I know a lot of people are panicking already due to the 0-6 start of the season, but I assure you April is no time to get worried about the Red Sox. Yes, they haven’t won a game yet. But they are only 5 games out of first place. They may be off to their worst start since 1945, but they have plenty of time to catch up.

If the Sox remain winless after this weekend series with the Yanks, I will consider putting this Panic Button back into action. Feel free to make your own and use it throughout the season – it really does help!

GO B’s, GO SOX!

No comments:

Post a Comment