Monday, April 25, 2011

Mix Tape from Birthday Party in Waltham (3/31/00)

Well even though my birthday was last month, I came across this tape today so I thought I’d share. When I lived in Waltham we had parties, gatherings, and shin-digs, and mix tapes were the way we usually handled the music. I named this tape (one of the last ones I made before I got a CD burner for my computer) SDNY2K to mean “Sad Death Night 2000”. I wrote a poem around my birthday in 1993 called “Sad Death Night”, and it stuck as a theme for my birthdays for a while. Each song and artist has a link to check them out if you want to laugh at the songs I included or enjoy one you haven’t heard in a while. It still amazes me how far technology has come in just the last 11 years.

SIDE A SIDE B

DammitBlink 182 Summer of ’69Bryan Adams

Falls ApartSugar Ray Talk Dirty to MePoison

Barrel of a GunGuster Jessie’s GirlRick Springfield

Everlasting GazeSmashing Pumpkins Still Haven’t Found What I’m

Break StuffLimp Bizkit Looking ForU2

Sure ShotBeastie Boys RemedyBlack Crowes

Come Original311 BlackPearl Jam

WonderwallOasis Basket CaseGreen Day

Back to GoodMatchbox 20 I AloneLive

MiserableLit Cumbersome7 Mary 3

What If?Creed SlideGoo Goo Dolls

1-2-8, Do Something Crazy Tragic ComicExtreme

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

No comments:

Post a Comment