Monday, December 5, 2011

Notre Dame Academy West Side Story Ticket (3/23/91) and Hopkinton Middle School Our Town Program (12/5/03)

I don’t remember who went to the Notre Dame show or who was in it, but I know it was only a couple of months after I got my driver’s license. My girlfriend at the time was a sophomore at NDA, and it didn’t take a lot of convincing from her for me to visit the all-girl school for this play after a day at the all-boys Saint John’s.

I was teaching special education at the Hopkinton Middle School in 2003. I remember the day of this play vividly because the principal at the time came into my room during my prep period. My students’ 1:1 aides had taken them to the auditorium, and I was finishing something up before I headed there myself. I don’t remember what I said (“Hey, how are you doing?”), but I do remember her response: “You’re EXPECTED to go to the play, I hope you know.” There were a lot of things I wanted to say to her, but I kept my mouth shut. Full report coming in my book…

No comments:

Post a Comment