Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hope Lodge 2nd Interview Note and Reunion Weekend Announcement (2007)

I know I keep just about everything, but I’m not sure why I kept this little scrap of paper. Maybe something inside me knew that Hope Lodge was a special place and I was meant to find it. With it, I found this announcement for a reunion weekend at Hope Lodge that my future manager gave me at that 2nd interview. I didn’t attend the reunion weekend, but I was soon hired after my second interview. And, it didn’t take me long to figure out Hope Lodge was the perfect match for me.

Tonight, I was reminded of that during our Hope Lodge holiday party. Former guests, volunteers, Hope Lodge weekend managers, my family, and friends all came and had a great time. My dad played some tunes on the piano and took turns with a group of Westboro High students who played some string instruments. St. Luke’s provided a lot of the tasty treats, and my sister brought a yummy plate of Sweetnins. Just a great night overall, and reminded me I have a lot to be thankful for.

Thank you to all the Hope Lodge guests (past and present) that inspire me, and for everyone that supports us!

No comments:

Post a Comment