Monday, February 21, 2011

Tickets to Motley Crue and Foo Fighters at The Centrum in Worcester, MA (1987, 2008)

I have been going to concerts for almost 24 years. Thanks to my grandmother telling my mother she couldn’t see The Beatles because their “hair was too long”, my mother let me go to any concert I wanted to growing up. It all started back in the summer of 1987 when my older brother Jon took me to see “The Crue” at The Centrum, a story you can read at my Motley Crue T-shirt blog from last year.

The world has been through many changes since that August night, but a few things have remained the same…

I’m still going to see rock concerts in “Woostah”.

In between Motley Crue and Foo Fighters, I’ve also seen Stryper, Poison, Slaughter, Winger, Kiss, Extreme, Motley Crue (again), Deftones, White Zombie, Pantera, Bruce Springsteen, Korn, Van Halen, and Flogging Molly in Worcester (I’m sure there are others, but this is what I just came up with).

As you can see from the seating chart, I’m usually not seeing this bands from the front row.



But, a couple of things have also changed…

The first thing I notice us the “price” and “total” being the same for the Motley Crue ticket, only $17.50. The $8.25 convenience charge of my 2008 ticket is almost half of the 1987 price. Interestingly, when I used this Inflation Calculator, it says what cost $17.50 in 1987 would cost $32.75 in 2008 (This other one came up with $33.17).

Also, we wouldn’t have dared bring a camera into that Motley Crue show. Now, with just about every cell phone having a camera/video function, there’s not much security can do about taking pictures during a show (see my friend Glen and I at Foo Fighters along with a couple pics of the band).



As long as some band I like is still playing music and I can afford a ticket, I will keep going to concerts. More rock show ticket scans to come…

No comments:

Post a Comment