Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A March Wind Party from The Fun Encyclopedia by E. O. Harbin

While I was at the NU Café in Worcester today, I came across a book called The FUN Encyclopedia and I had to have it (for the bargain price of $2.00). The complete title of this book is The Fun Encyclopedia - An All-Purpose Plan Book for Those Interested in Recreation for Clubs, Schools, Churches, and the Home. It was published in 1940, and some of the out-of-dateness is very amusing.

I skipped ahead to the “Fun with Seasonal Parties” section to see what Mr. Harbin suggested for March fun. His answer: A March Wind Party! I must say, this guy really knows how to throw a party…



My favorite parts:

“Blow yourself to a good time tonight.”

“Blow your own horn, if you want it blown.”

I blow from the West,

I blow from the East,

From the North and South,

On man and on beast.


Blowing contest. (includes blindfolding the players)

Blow-hard. (a game involving boys and girls lining up and lying to each other) “A few minutes of this will probably start your crowd off in good humor.”

I’m sure there will be more to come from The FUN Encyclopedia. Makes me wonder what fun and games are in Harbin’s other book titled Gay Parties for All Occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment