Thursday, September 22, 2011

David Way Sign (1993)

Tonight was the first Hope Lodge visit of the school year by the Holy Cross SPUD students, so I figured I’d blog about something I stole.

It was New Year’s Eve going into 1993, and I thought I’d do a little raging against the machine. With a little help from my friends and a couple of tools, I took this sign sometime between midnight and 1:00 in the quiet little town of Westboro, MA. I was a freshman at BC back then, just months after finishing my battle with brain cancer. I had my eye on it since New Year’s 91-92, and after having cancer I began trying to live life fearlessly and without regret. I don’t know if there is a statute of limitations for stealing street signs, but I hope this confession doesn’t get me into trouble. The town of Westboro has since taken things of mine, so I guess it all evens out in the end anyway…



No comments:

Post a Comment