Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Notes from a Psychic in Salem

It was October of 2003, and I had never been to Salem. So, I went. I did the usual “hot spots” like the Witch Museum (see sticker), and also went to see a psychic. She asked me for my birthday and birth time, and looked that up in some big book. I don’t remember if she used tarot cards or not, but she seemed to know a lot about me. And I remember thinking a few times that there was no way she could have known or guessed some of the things she told me. When she was done, she handed me these notes:

The move to California hasn’t happened yet, but even when I sell my first screenplay I would predict moving to NYC would happen before the San Fran area. We shall see…

I’m finally going to check out the books she recommended, The Wisdom of Florence Scovel Shinn and The Abundance Book. I’ll let you know how they work out.

The debt was no news to me, and I don’t think she had time to run a credit check on me. I didn’t care about money then, and I don’t care about it now. The first screenplay and/or major book deal I get will take care of that though. Again, I’ll let you know how those work out.

The “Release Her” part ended up being a little more difficult than I thought. That previous summer, I was engaged. Without going into the details, I’ll just say it didn’t work out. Although having awesome family and friends there to support me (including what we now refer to as “Dave’s Moving Away But He Didn’t Party”), I think what helped me the most was really believing that if things are meant to be, they will be. And even though it may take time to realize, everything does happen for a reason. This failed relationship eventually led me to writing and publishing my first book, E-lationship.

And without asking her about writing, this psychic told me writing was “critical”. That made me happy, but I wish she had more details on what direction she thought my writing should go. I guess it’s finally time to get that tell-all autobiography finished. I hope the world is ready…

No comments:

Post a Comment